NOTICE:

This blog will be closing down as of November 1st 2015.

All posts will be moved to my tumblr page:
AshleyAnneReadsThings.com

Please follow me there!

Also, my email address has changed to

ashley@ashleyannereadsthings.com

Thanks lovelies!

~Ashley

Friday, August 22, 2014

First Time APPROVED for eARCS !

This is an exciting day for me! It is the FIRST time that I've been approved for an eARC(that I requested) on both NetGalley and Edelweiss! I know that before long this will be nothing new but it's exciting as a brand new blogger/reviewer. 


I received Portraits of Celina from NetGalley.
Expected publication: April 1st 2015 by Switch Press



Book Description:
Make him pay, Bayley. Make him pay.
It’s as if the wooden chest is luring me, urging me to open it – daring me almost. Open me up. Look inside. Come on, just for a second; it won’t hurt.
Celina O’Malley was sixteen years old when she disappeared. Now, almost forty years later, Bayley is sleeping in Celina’s room, wearing her clothes, hearing her voice. What does Celina want? And who will suffer because of it? A ghost story. A love story. A story of revenge.


I received Rabbit Ears from Edelweiss.
Published March 18th 2014 by HarperCollins

Book Description:
Kaya is adopted, multiracial, grieving the death of her father—and carrying a painful secret. Feeling ill at ease with her family and in her own skin, she runs away repeatedly, gradually disappearing into a life of addiction and sex work. Meanwhile, her sister, Beth, escapes her own troubles with food and a rediscovered talent for magic tricks. Though both girls struggle through darkness and pain, they eventually find their way to a moment of illumination and healing.

Reviews to be posted soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment